BLUE MEMORIES
Right here, right now the web

Losing Our Freedoms





This post is about something we talk about in the house, but 1st let me make some statements:

1.- I drink.
2.- I like go partying.
3.- A LOT.
4.- Cops here sometimes wait outside a night club so the can detain you.
5.- That's spying and harrasment.


In other words I live in a city were going and have fun with your friends or gf is mostly punished.
We have lost our freedom of free roaming.

My problem is the false sense of security the current state and federal governments give people by making them jump through hoops when it is completely unnecessary.

Im not saying I'm in favor of drunk driving, of course not, innocent people die for doing stupid things like that and it is in the goverment to find a solution to that with the help of the people; changing people minds but not using fear inducing laws, intimidative laws, harrasing laws. Our current laws work theres no need for harder punishments, if you get caught drunk driving, you are forced to go to meetings, you can have your license revoqued and much more. The problem is who applies those laws, corrupt cops who just look for an excuse to pull you over and ask for a bribe, a lot of them are drug users and nothing is done against them. For that case, how can I respect someone who call themselves authority when they are in a worst state that I am? But thats not the point, they are the authority and they have to be "respected".

The real problem of making laws is giving the authorities enough power to be able to enforce them but without having enough to power to subjudge the people. Its hard but it can be done.

I'm talking about all this because a deputy its promoting a law that lowers the alcohol level of 0.8 to 0.5; nothing new here, it' being done in other cities like Sydney, in fact it has been there that way for a long time and it works perfect, also they have one of the best police departments in the world, so it balances. Here were far fom that and thats the problem, by pasing that law they are just giving more power to exploit the citizens of this city.

My opinion, want to change things like that? Change the police first.

1 Ramen:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.